Teeth Cleaning & Dental Checkups
If you are looking to have your teeth cleaned, Fresh Dental is the place for you. In fact, our priority is to help our patients build healthy habits that help prevent dental disease. This will also help to prevent dental problems from escalating, which means that you can not only save time and money, but also avoid unnecessary pain. Working together, we are able to keep your smile healthy and beautiful.
Why is it important to have consistent teeth cleanings and checkups?
Routine checkups are an essential part of proper oral hygiene. Some of the benefits of regular teeth cleanings include:
- Healthier bones and gums.
- Keeping teeth healthy.
- Early detection and treatment of cancer and other oral health conditions.
- Beautiful, healthy smiles.
Proper Oral Hygiene: How to Prevent Tooth Decay
There are several simple and affordable ways in which you can fight tooth decay—a common chronic health condition.
1. Brush and floss at least twice daily.
2. Have dental cleanings and checkups twice a year.
3. Eat fewer sugary and acidic foods.
4. Have fluoride applied, which make teeth more resistant to decay.
5. Learn proper techniques for brushing and flossing.
Are there different kinds of teeth cleanings?
No. Prophylaxis—a fancy word for teeth cleaning. Prophylaxis is a routine teeth cleaning recommended every six months.
Other procedures that are sometimes called “cleanings” are actually periodontal treatments:
- Full Mouth Debridement—a pre-cleaning for those with severe calculus build up, where we are unable to provide a routine cleaning until this build up is removed.
- Scaling and Root Planing—a procedure recommended for patients with early stages of gum disease.
- Perio Maintenance—a periodontal cleaning for those with a history of gum disease who have had scaling and root planning.