Infection Control & Covid protocol
Infection control and universal precautions protect patients and staff alike. The cornerstone in a effective and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Lakhani and his team.
Dr. Lakhani and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), American Dental Association (ADA), and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
These measures include:
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) including face shields, masks, gloves, and disposable gowns.
- Disinfection of all clinical areas including dental chairs, counters, & x-ray equipment.
- Disinfection of all highly touched areas throughout the office.
- Autoclave all dental handpieces and instruments after every use or use of disposables as indicated.
- Disinfectant hand soap and hand sanitizer available throughout the office.
- Use of HEPA air purifiers.
- Temperature checks of all patients and team members.
- Limited patients in the office to allow for social distancing.
- We have implemented a COVID-19 risk-assessment questionnaire into our check-in process. We appreciate you giving us up to date information on any risk factors and symptoms that you may have so that we may assess the appropriate way to care for you and our other patients and staff.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know about our daily precautions and policies, the more comfortable you will feel making informed decisions about your dental health.